Sunday 15 September 2013

Finding New Things and Getting Creative

I like finding new things and experiencing new things and food is no exception. I love food! Unfortunately, I have to be very careful with my new food experiences. So I am always on the lookout for things that I can have.

There is one place in Halifax that is a very safe place for me and though I am not Vegan, there is not too much, if anything, that they make that I do not like. Fruition Natural Foods is at the Halifax Seaport Farmers Market. I love the fact that their offerings are Raw, Soy Free, Dairy Free and Gluten Free. They currently have a cozy corner of the upstairs at the market. I remember when they first came to the market and had a small little table and had Kale Crisps, Sundried Tomato Pate and Coconut Almond Bars. I had all three of them and I really enjoyed them. As they started to expand their line up, I kept trying things.  I even started to get really creative with their stuff when paring it with my own things or things from the Schoolhouse Gluten Free Bakery, who can also be found at the market.

The only pictures I don't have of things from Fruition are their Coconut Almond Bars, Chia Pudding, Blueberry Mousse and their Mocha "Cheesecake." These items are never around long enough for me to get a picture of them; but trust me when I say that they are awesome!


Beet Salad with a Broiled Chicken Breast, seasoned with Pepper
My favourite lunch of Sundried Tomato Pate with fruit and cheese on Schoolhouse bread.
A veggie burger with cashew mayo on Schoolhouse bread and Sweet Potato chips from Covered Bridge


Another variation on my favourite lunch with added chicken

 


No comments:

Post a Comment